June 01, 2021 by DaveesP
This course covers the basics of Hindustani classical vocal music. Taught by award-winning vocalist and experienced teacher. This course is best for those looking to foster an interest in classical singing. Students will gain a foundational understanding of how to sing classical music from an expert during live, online, face-to-face lessons. On the successful completion of this course on Hindustani vocal lessons, students can expect to understand and be able to sing simple ragas.
This course is ideal for students looking to take their first steps into the world of Hindustani Vocal Music. The course aims at providing a strong foundation where learning is a process of constant discovery. The student acquires the ability to use basic elements of music (melody and rhythm) to improvise musical phrases. The course will lay the foundation for acquiring clarity of voice and teach how to focus on the stability of the note and match pitch perfectly with the Tanpura. The student develops listening skills with an exploratory outlook in addition to acquiring knowledge. We have book that has got study material and reference reading material. The variety of prayers and folk songs are included in the book for the student to gain exposure to the richness of regional music. Different songs and Bandish/compositions are given to initiate students into listening to classical music.
- Understand how to use the basic elements of music, notes and rhythm, in play
- Develop voice clarity
- Acquainting the Student to the physical Tanpura, and what Swaras the four strings are tuned to.
- Know to use the electronic Tanpura or Tanpura app for regular practice.
- Learn to focus on the stability of the note and match pitch perfectly with the Tanpura
- Initiation into improvisation of musical phrases and patterns - understanding Alankars and creating patterns
- Build awareness of different genres of music
- To learn to sing Seven Shuddh Swaras, simple patterns in these Swaras
JOIN THE DISCUSSION